Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,047   Online: 765

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I lived in Hawaii, quite often they would take our film if they felt we were photographing anything classified, and if there were Nuke subs in port, they were on you in a heartbeat, they had MP's that actually went around to many of the labs in the area to check film to see if somehow classfied photographs had been taken and would confiscate if they found any.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Around 1956, whilst still of tender years, I lost what was probably the design prototype of the Holga, a birthday present, whilst trying to photograph the gate guardians at Biggin Hill airfield here in England. In those days they were inside the gates, a Spitfire and a Hurricane, and the airfield was operational. Anyway there I was with camera, and arms through the railings when it was snatched out of my hands by a nasty great brute of an MP; who was at least 5 feet taller than me. That put the hobby back 5 years, for that was how long I had to wait for my next camera.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Around 1956, whilst still of tender years, I lost what was probably the design prototype of the Holga, a birthday present, whilst trying to photograph the gate guardians at Biggin Hill airfield here in England. In those days they were inside the gates, a Spitfire and a Hurricane, and the airfield was operational. Anyway there I was with camera, and arms through the railings when it was snatched out of my hands by a nasty great brute of an MP; who was at least 5 feet taller than me. That put the hobby back 5 years, for that was how long I had to wait for my next camera.
    Dave Unfortunately we still have great brutes of MP's nearly 50 year later. Worse than that they have spread from military installations to the House of Commons. Some are even referred to as "bruisers" by the Press. They used to snatch but have since learned to spin as well.

Pentaxuser

I always thought it interesting that West Edmonton Mall has more submarines than the Canadian Navy.

Back to the thought of the day, it's interesting that driving along we see shapes and images than when we stop, they disappear. Trying to convey them in one single image is tricky.

Up here in wino country you drive by miles of grapes vines in straight lines and as you move you get interesting patterns that aren't there when you stop.

Course that could just because I'm drunk, not sure.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Canada is debt free and makes few enemies. We don't need a big military. Then again, if those oil and water hungry neighbours to the south of us ever wake up, and figure out we may have as much oil as Saudi Arabia tied up in the tar sands, and that we have the most fresh water, well now, that's a different kettle of fish all together! It may be a tad late for the oil though as China is a big investor.

Better to stick with the current plan of infiltrating their enertainment industry with comedians/secret agents and numbing their will to fight with the siren songs of Celine Dionne

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=MurrayMinchin]Canada is debt free and makes few enemies. We don't need a big military. Then again, if those oil and water hungry neighbours to the south of us ever wake up, and figure out we may have as much oil as Saudi Arabia tied up in the tar sands, and that we have the most fresh water, well now, that's a different kettle of fish all together! It may be a tad late for the oil though as China is a big investor.

Better to stick with the current plan of infiltrating their enertainment industry with comedians/secret agents and numbing their will to fight with the siren songs of Celine Dionne

Actually, we have a pretty large debt. What we don't have is a deficit.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Debt, deficit...tomayto, tomaato. (D'oh)

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    So I guess you canadians need to some how go and photograph your defense equipment with no air in its tires. That would tell the story! As far as losing the film to big brutes maybe 2 shooters one hidden or out of site to photograph the film being taken.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    So I guess you canadians need to some how go and photograph your defense equipment with no air in its tires. That would tell the story! As far as losing the film to big brutes maybe 2 shooters one hidden or out of site to photograph the film being taken.
    We have tires?

Thomas, I have visited your webpage (very nice) and it would seem to me that your present subject matter is a hell of a lot nicer than any "touch and go helicopter maneuvers".

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Dinesh, I guess you are right. "Touch and go" maneuvers with my current subject matter would cause a distraction.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin