Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,161   Posts: 1,614,371   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds
    Hope for a bright day, set reasonable aperture/shutter and set appropriate infinity focus... attached pic was sunny f16 based. 1/1000 @ f8, infinity on f8 scale mark (hp5+), camera held close to front windscreen (i.e. not composed thru finder)

That the Pont de Normandie, no?

Years ago, I just stopped the car in the middle of the bridge to make a similar picture.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guess the make, win a prize... attached taken from a car on a bridge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crownvicshadow.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sionnac
    Guess the make, win a prize... attached taken from a car on a bridge.
    A Mk II Jetta?

I shot a few pics from the car - here is what I found:
    - blurr canbe really cool if its the right blurr
    - unless you can't do it otherwise, or you can use the interior of the car in the composition, roll down the window, lean out if you have to. Polarizer may help, but I doubt it willhelp much as hte outside is brighter than the inside if shooting through the glass
    - you can take neat photos of other cars that are moving close to the same speed as you with that "dramatic" blurred background.
    - Use a Holga, then it really won't matter

Peter.

PS One more thing - sometimes, you catch the rear-view mirror in the shot, it adds a neat touch to the picture by showing you taking the photo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Panning when shooting out the side window can work well. The subject is in focus and everything else blurs. Just don't try it while you're the driver. Drop your seat back all the way to give you more room to swing when you pan. I've done this with an old aerial camera quite well a few times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    actually, I've done this but was using one of those new fang-dangled devices, so I can't show you the results here. I did get some nifty night shots while following cars down the freeway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yep, it's the Pont de Normandie, and the wife was driving...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Panning when shooting out the side window can work well. The subject is in focus and everything else blurs. Just don't try it while you're the driver. Drop your seat back all the way to give you more room to swing when you pan. I've done this with an old aerial camera quite well a few times.
    The aerial cameras I worked with moved the film at the film plane at a preset rate depending on altitude and speed. We had a special slide rule for calculating a host of things related to aerial photography in order to make unblurred overlapping stereo pairs.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have a look at http://boxesandbellows.blogspot.com/2006/01/whoa.html for photo from a moving car!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well... was I right about the car?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://gallerykayafas.com/ has an exhibit of such work right now. Click on "Car Obscura"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin