Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,833   Online: 979

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Sekonic L-28c light meter.....help needed on operation

I recently acquired a Sekonic L-28c light meter, but it doesnt have any instructions. Most of the sources online that I have found have the instructions in CD format & I really want to use it now & not wait until the CD arrives. So here's my questions....

1) Does anyone own or have used this meter & can provide more information on it?
    2) Is this meter similar to any other Sekonic which may have online instructions?

The 'foot candle' readings have me confused. I took a reading by setting the ISO to 100 & it shows ss250 f/8 in the foot candle section. So does this mean that I should dial in f/8 @1/250 in camera & using reciprocity set camera to f/2.8 @ 1/2000 if I choose to shoot @ f/2.8?

If thats the case, why are there aperture numbers along the large dial with the EV scale?

I really hope this makes since, but I'm sure you can tell I am a novice with this meter stuff.
    ~Val

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ok, I think I understand whats happening now....

I get the footcandle reading & then set the L or H mark to match the reading in the footcandle section & the correct exposure values are shown in the large disc.

Sound right?

Shooter
    Multi Format

"They" have manuals on line, just go to their web site EOM

OK?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Mr. Clueless pointed out, Sekonic does have manuals on line, but not for older models it seems. This one however, seems to be about the same for all practical purposes: L-398M.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin