Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,413   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may be getting too much sky in the meter reading. To avoid this while testing, take it indoors where the lighting is even and see what it reads against an evenly lit wall compared to your cameras. Alternately, use it outside in incident mode and see what you get then. I use a Soligor spot meter for general work, but have a 308 for flash use and they seem to agree fairly closely (about 1/3 of a stop IIRC).

Good luck! Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Everyone!

maisiemouse, I'd try to compare 308 with center weighted metering of FE because it isn't that smart as matrix metering. I'm sure it's closer to center weighted meter with 80/20 combination

Also, as been suggested I'd try more fair comparison and take reading from grey card or white list of paper. You should be careful about an angle - different light reflection angles can cause different readings even from the same meter

Hope this helps

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Untill now it's been talk about comparison in readings as far as I read it.
    I would like to know if your negs actually are underexposed by 1 stop ?
    As mentioned it could be your way of making the readings and you may have to adjust your ISO settings for that. I have the Sekonic 308 and it is spot on compared to my Nikons metered of a greycard. I havn't noticed whether it is possible to adjust my meter. I have heard (rumour allert) about photographers making dots on the dome using a speedmarker to adjust the incident light metering.
    You also mention filterfactors, well if you don't want to calculate or make tables the only option is the metered prism. The ISO settings on your filmback don't matter when you are not using the metered prism.
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean
    I would suspect metering technique if you're holding the meter against the lens hood. I think you're overthinking the angle of acceptance of the meter.
    There have been a number of threads about having too many meters to compare. If you consider the 308 as your standard & expose/process film to a proper density using the 308 you'll be fine. Comparing it too several different cameras will drive you bonkers. It's all about determining your EI with a given film.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin