Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,680   Posts: 1,482,187   Online: 1054

Shooter
    Medium Format

Replacement batteries for a Pentax Spotmeter V

The manual calls for 3 G-13 1.5v mercury batteries.

I have been using 3 MS76 Silver oxide or 3 LR44 Akaline any issues that anyone is aware of?

Thanks as always

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now you mention it I've been using LR44's in my Spotmeter V for quite a while. Never gave it any thought, as I had a couple of blister packs lying around.

Meter works fine.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    that's what I recently bought and it works fine
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'd be careful about using any alkaline batteries in the LR44/A76 size. I have seen several cameras with a terrible mess in the battery compartment after the alkalines leaked all over the place. I have never seen a silver oxide (SR44, MS76 etc.) leak if left in a camera. With the cheap prices of silver oxide batteries on the SR44 web site, I would suggest great care in using alkalines if you must. In other words, get them out of the equipment if not actively using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pentax seems to have changed the battery requirements for the Spotmeters at some point in production. I have one manual that calls for the mercury batteries, and another manual that calls for the MS76 batteries. I have no idea when the change was made.

That said, I have a Pentax Spotmeter - I don't know when it was manufactured, but the MS76 batteries work fine in it.
    juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just picked out up and fitted new SR44's in it. It still matches the spotmeter in my Nikon F80 perfectly (until the Nikon gives up through lack of light!).
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin