Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,664   Online: 830

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Looks like you need to get rid of some ground clutter.
    But then it wouldn't be the photograph I want. I want to catch that huge bolt of lightning as it arcs over the buildings.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    Do you have a sort of a special light or event or anything that you have been waiting for a long time to capture?
    Yes. It's been years that I've been waiting for a girl to call me and ask me to photograph her in her birthday suit. In fact, I was waiting for Kathleen Turner to call, but then she grew old and then it was Isabelle Adjani and she grew old too, then Sophie Marceau, Maruschka Detmers, etc etc etc... nowadays even that vulgar girl, Monica Belucci has wrinkles (that she meticulously hides under her oversized breasts).

Now I am not so optimistic about this kind of things. My long experience has taught me that it's kind of unlikely something like this might happen. But if Jessica Alba is reading this, I have to tell her to hurry because in the near future, my skills (the photographic ones, of course) might not be as good as they used to...

Shooter
    35mm
    I am having dicussions with Dan Brown right now about the Holy Grail. He it was that informed me that the MM on my Contax lens mounts refers to Mary Magdelene. Also I have been advised by Mr Brown to use gold toner. He thought that I should have much sucess since I am already very much a relic.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    At a local golf course is a rusty old John Deere tractor (this picture is similar to Anytes - my apologies) with a Birch tree growing up thru' the steering wheel. I photo'd it once in the spring a couple of years ago - trudged thru' a half mile of snow carrying my 4x5 gear - I got a "not too bad" picture, but .... not what I wanted. I am waiting for the towering puffy white cumulus clouds of summer and those deep dark blue skys for contrast and then I want an 8x10 contact print on AZO ... I can wait ....
    No apology necessary. I rather like that someone shares a similar vision. Coincidentally, I too would have to trudge a half mile through the snow to reach my photo destination.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We have a refinery here in Tulsa that sits across the river and on cold crisp days the steam that rise off it is impressive. I had scouted out the perfect spot on the riverbed to catch that one moment. All last winter I kept watching for it and the sky was generally grey which is not what I wanted. When it finally happened I was on my way to work in high heels with a meeting with my boss in 15 minutes. Figures. I'll wait for this winter.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Everytime I go grocery shopping, I look for just the right pepper.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My holy grail is any Frank Gehry building. The Disney Concert Hall in L.A. is my next place to photograph and that might take awhile.
    When I was in China there were huge metal sculptures everywhere in Shanghai but my camera was broken by that time! Arrgghh! The fish that got away and haunts me but I will not torture myself with the could haves.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've given up on my holy grail picture.

It was 6am on a freezing cold foggy morning, extremely tired after a nights work, the light was perfect as it always is at that time of the morning. The camera was in the boot of the car ready, as fog was forecasted. Walked for ages to the spot I knew the photo needed to be taken. Was chased out of the boggy field by a herd of cows (they are dangerous creatures believe me!).

Tried another route and hid from the nasty cows. Set up the tripod and camera, changed lenses, quickly press shutter...ahhh dammit...jammed hasselblas lens.

The photo is etched in my mind, who cares if I never got the shot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    <french accent>I've already got one!!</french accent>

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the holy grail shot, as you put it, is definitely a hard shot to describe. its not so much the subject matter of the shot as it is the beauty of all of the details coming together in just the right manner. but i will try to describe it anyway. its a simple shot. small town type. i pass it everyday. its a small mom and pop type antique shop filled with mostly garage sale items. it has these big glass windows with mismatched shelves stacked full of paperweights, knicknacks, and other fist sized 'antiques'. at night though, when the shop's inside lights are still on, the rows of backlit items matched with the darkness of the parking lot take on a rare simplistic elegance. ive only seen it come together like this once, naturally, without camera. usually the owner closes before it gets dark and turns the lights out when she leaves, ruining the backlit aspect of the scene. rarely she stays open right as its getting dark but there are always cars parked in front of my shot when she does. i just need her to forget to turn out the lights one more time...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin