Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 814

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bartley
    I am waiting for the towering puffy white cumulus clouds of summer and those deep dark blue skys for contrast and then I want an 8x10 contact print on AZO ... I can wait ....
    You could always cheat a little, make a cloud exposure and then cwet cut and wet paste it into your print.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Perfect light is rare. I think I've seen it about twenty times (it's a little less rare around here), and only twice have I had a camera ready. One is
    HERE.
    The other time I had a little zoom point-and-shoot, and I don't know where that picture is (nor the negative).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    Do you have a sort of a special light or event or anything that you have been waiting for a long time to capture?

I remember, few years ago, I was walking somewhere just outside of town, and there was this perfect light, like I never saw again. It was a sort of combination of a stormy sky and a warm misty late afternood clear sky, though the sun was still behind the clouds. It gave a sort of a directional softbox-kind-of-soft light comming from one portion of the sky, while the rest of the sky was covered with heavy threatning dark stormy clouds. It was just after the summer storm, and everything was wet, the bushes and trees looked as if they were painted. It gave such a surreal light, like I've never seen before. Even some of my friends who don't give a darn about light and photography commented on it the next day. I was stunned how many people noticed it.

I didn't have a camera back then or a tripod...

And I've been sort of waiting to see something like that for a few years now.
    Oh boy, do I ever. A couple of years ago, I was on my way to work during the mid-late fall, which meant I was on the bus during the sunrise. I woke up from my usual bus-ride snooze, and was treated to the most amazing sight I've ever seen. The sun's light had caught the atmosphere in such a way as it just peeked over the horizon to create what looked like a pillar of flame shooting into the sky. I swear, if I'd had a camera with me, I would have said to HELL with work, I was getting that shot, got off the bus, and clicked off as many frames I could to make sure I got a good shot.

While I have seen the situation happen a couple of times since, but not with the same glory, and, coincidentally enough, every time I was without a camera *grumbles*

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The ghost of Elvis wandering the Vegas strip, in drag...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Perfect light is rare. I think I've seen it about twenty times (it's a little less rare around here), and only twice have I had a camera ready. One is
    HERE.
    Oh, that .... we have it every morning 9months/year around here. What's so special about it ? ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Holy Grail...?

only having to use half a box of paper to get a decent print....

...now, if you want to talk about windmills.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A picture of GW Bush as he leaves office and disappears; mission accomplished!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin