Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,817   Online: 787

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flenhellis View Post
    yes I agree with him,,,,,cool tubes are the most common.
    Nick said that in 2006!

In the well-stocked hardware store near me (Lowes) there is a wider variety of color temps available than I ever imagined. No less than 5 or 6 different options, ranging from 3800 to 5200 deg K.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Indeed.
    There are more than two types of FL filter available as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    yes it sounds good, Tubular skylights have several advantages over traditional sky lights

trackday brakes | trackday brakes repair

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When shooting commercial work it was usual to do a preliminary E6 test shot, with basic filtration and get that processed them ajust the final filtration from there. Using a colour meter would help enormously but they were never that common.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    yes I agree with him,,,,,cool tubes are the most common.Tubular skylights have several advantages over traditional sky lights. Traditional skylights can be fairly complicated to install, as they require a fairly sizable area to be cut out of your roof and ceiling, and then replaced with a special type of window. These skylights allow the full spectrum of light to enter your space, which can cause fading and discoloration of your carpeting and furniture. Traditional skylights add light in a very direct line, illuminating the area immediately below the window and nowhere else. As mentioned before, they can also create additional heat in your home. Solar tubes do not suffer any of these complications.
    A fluorescent lamp or fluorescent tube is a gas-discharge lamp that uses electricity to excite mercury vapor. The excited mercury atoms produce short-wave ultraviolet light that then causes a phosphor to fluoresce, producing visible light. A fluorescent lamp converts electrical power into useful light more efficiently than an incandescent lamp. Lower energy cost typically offsets the higher initial cost of the lamp. The lamp is more costly because it requires a ballast to regulate the flow of current through the lamp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since the OP is in the US, here's the section of Rosco's filtration tech data for discharge lamps available in the US. It includes a table of fluorescent lamp types from 3 major fluorescent lamp manufacturers and the appropriate starting filtration. It's more specific, and likely closer to the mark than generic recommendations. I'm not sure about how well it could be applied to the compact fluorescents available now, especially the Chinese made house brands. The whole Rosco tech data pdf can be found on their website.

When I was working in commercial location photography, we'd use a color meter, gel our flash heads to match the ambient fluorescent lamps, then filter at the lens to bring everything back to the film's balance.

BTW, if you're working under your own fluorescents, Rosco sells gel sleeves in many colors for typical fluourescent T12 and other straight tube sizes, so you can permanently gel the fluorescent source to correct color balance.

Lee
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lee L; 01-07-2010 at 09:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yes I agree with him,,,,,cool tubes are the most common.Tubular skylights have several advantages over traditional sky lights. Traditional skylights can be fairly complicated to install, as they require a fairly sizable area to be cut out of your roof and ceiling, and then replaced with a special type of window. These skylights allow the full spectrum of light to enter your space, which can cause fading and discoloration of your carpeting and furniture. Traditional skylights add light in a very direct line, illuminating the area immediately below the window and nowhere else. As mentioned before, they can also create additional heat in your home. Solar tubes do not suffer any of these complications.
    Yes, what he said is true. cool tubes are most common...

datatool system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin