Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,067   Online: 973

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Always question, and never just accept doctrine. It's the best way to learn. Just don't dismiss anything out-of-hand. Keep it up Daniel.

Exposure theory is a particular interest of mine, and after years of research and thought, the simple fact is that factors associated with the subject and your personal metering style have the greatest influence on tonal placement. Also, what most people think about film speed is mistaken (including ZS), yet they still produce acceptable images. So, you shouldn't sweat it too much. My advice is to explore your personal metering style and adjust accordingly.

Good luck,
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had enough of this so I'm asking Al Gore, he invented the Zone System.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Helen
    I do not make photographs of gay and lesbians with rings through the genitals ..."

Neither do I. We appear to have a lot in common.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    "Helen
    I do not make photographs of gay and lesbians with rings through the genitals ..."

Best,
    Helen
    LOL......Thanks for that Helen!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I always make a point of not having any rings through my genitals when photographing persons of any sexual orientation.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    "Helen

Best,
    Helen
    Oh crap!!! I can see that I need to cross the two of you off my list of prospective purchasers of my next portfolio. There is a great deal to be said for a clitoral stud from what some of my subjects tell me.

Robert Mapplethorppe where are you?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on the definition of "Genitals".

What if the ring had a Hasse lens hanging on it or the C**K ring was a ring flash? Or the piercing was a cable release? Or a lens brush sticking out of the . . . .

How would you apply the Zone System to a moving object with camera junk hanging on it, like a leaf on a tree waiting to be free of the earthly binds that controls its existence in a yearning to be free, free, free . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin