Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,809   Online: 822

Shooter
    Multi Format

Painters Tape and Nighttime Exposure.

I enjoy going out late at night or very early in the morning with my camera. I usually shoot with Tri-X or Neopan pushed to 800 or 1600 depending on the lighting conditions. No flash.
    My kit bag is an old , nondescript WWII medics shoulder bag with 1 body , 1 lens and 2 or 3 rolls of film. Don't like to draw attention.
    I found this handy exposure chart while surfing one night. (Goggle "Pictures by Existing Light" ). I Use painters tape because it doesn't leave a residue and can be written on with a Sharpie pen and jot down the various shutter speed / f-stop combinations I might run into. Then I affix the tape to my camera back or case.

Just a handy tip,

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tape be damned !

Sounds like highly suspicious behavior that should be investigated as a terrorist's disguise for destroying lamp posts in the wee hours. What's a drunk to lean on, or a dog to p_ _ on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With regard to painter's tape, I've found (the hard way) that there are various levels of adhesion, and thus gunk, in the various tapes sold as painter's tape. I've had bad luck with the blue tape, but much better with the more white tape that is marked low adhesion.
    juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    With regard to painter's tape, I've found (the hard way) that there are various levels of adhesion, and thus gunk, in the various tapes sold as painter's tape. I've had bad luck with the blue tape, but much better with the more white tape that is marked low adhesion.
    juan
    I like the green tape.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm with Marko. I also use green.

JMK

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin