Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,954   Online: 970

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Daniel, I am interested in finding out the color response of my meters. How would you go about doing that?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_OB
    bherg
    for that (558 seconic) money you can get all new Gossen Starlight form BH. If you can you better off cancel order and get Gossen.

I bought my Sekonic New for 189 £ The gossen is 340 £..

So there are a substantial diffrence in price. And i need the money for my new large format camera.

I think i can stand the Sekonic 558 Dual master

Cheers Johannes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not sure about the type, but I use one of these seconics with spot, incident and flash modes.

It doesn't really work in low light, when exposures are around a second or longer you'll have to be really lucky for the thing to give a reading. So for tripod photography I have to bring my digital nikon as a light meter wich feels a bit stupid having such an expensive light meter at home. Maybe gosson or such are better with this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can use my Sekonic L-358 for long night exposures. Quite often those would be two to four minutes, or somewhere near that. One thing that helps is to remove the incident dome and replace with the fresnel (name wrong?) piece. That gives roughly a 50º field of view, though is actually a reflective reading. I do this primarily when using E-6 films with my 4x5, when I want the accuracy.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Sekonic Light Metres

Hi
    I've used the L-408, 508 and currently am happy to own and use the L-608.
    This recent metre allows for zoom spot metering amidst a whole bunch of other features.
    I find it very versatile and useful for me in my work.
    Perhaps visit the Sekonic website and compare the different metres, looking for one that will meet your particular needs.
    In the end, you'll have to decide which one is best for your photography.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin