Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,418   Online: 995

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

A question about photography

I am new here and have a strange question.

I know most people will ask questions about how to take better photos.

My question is in the opposite direction.

I am wondering. say a person does not want their photo taken.

Aside from covering your face or say hiding is there way to disrupt the photo while it is being taken.

An example say someone is trying to take your picture. so you shine a flashlight at them to mess up the picture.

that is a example.

are there other ways

that is my question

I am pretty sure this has never been asked.

all advice is greatly appreciated

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This will work for digi-cams: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse

Seriously though, describing your intent might gather some more useful responses
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    walk directly toward the lens
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I usually snap my fingers 3 times and disappear.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll take Ann's suggestion one step further.
    Walk towards the lens while reaching into your jacket as if you intend to draw your shoulder holstered Colt Python.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    walk directly toward the lens

and then lick it. If you win the ensuing scuffle, you will probably not be photographed by that person again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Turning your back to the camera doesn't work. Making faces doesn't work either. I wonder if a Super Soaker Flashflood, Vaporizer, or Defender might do the trick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use 'the force' and convince them (psychologically) to destroy their film as soon as the photo's taken. Hell, it works for alec guiness.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    First, we have to assume that the photographer can't/won't take hints (surprisingly many will.) After that:

Criminals tend to put coats or blankets over their heads. A paper bag would work as well.

I'm slightly puzzled as to why non-criminals might worry that much about it.

Or are you perhaps researching a novel where a criminal (or celebrity) wishes to avoid being photographed?

If so, the simple answer is that the only things that are going to work in the long term are the aforementioned coat/blanket/paper bag AT ALL TIMES; or staying indoors with the curtains drawn AT ALL TIMES (the Howard Hughes option). The third option, the threat or execution of actual violence, is risky. Otherwise, the photographer's ultimate weapon is always the long lens.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks
    I'm slightly puzzled as to why non-criminals might worry that much about it.
    No one should ever have to justify a simple choice such as not wanting to be photographed.

It's attitudes like yours that make me even more hostile towards being photographed when I am simply going about daily business which cannot be executed from the confines of my home.

It's attitudes like yours that make me completely indifferent to the photographers who say they are hassled by cops for shooting in public places. Why should I care about your rights when you are so indifferent to my rights?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin