Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,756   Online: 836

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's see...

1. He thinks the eye has a memory, albeit fleeting, which I am sure would come as a surprise to all neurologists and opthalmologists.

2. He thinks that rangefinders are inherently limited to focusing on objects closer than 30 meters, having apparently never encountered the other uses of rangefinders or the study of geometry and trigonometry. Thus he does not realize that rangefinders have been used to determine distances of moving earthbound objects to at least 20 miles (e.g. naval rangefinders in the world wars), and celestial objects far beyond that.

3. He thinks a grid on ground glass is used for focusing, which would seem to confirm the implication in his comments about professionals that he does not know the difference between composition and focus.

4. He thinks that focus is achieved in more than one plane (the film and ?).

5. He thinks the poor resolution of TV pictures is due to problems with focus, having apparently never looked closely at a TV screen .

6. It doesn't occur to him that most of the problem with the Zapruder film lies in it having been made handheld on 8mm film.

Wow!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I won't waste my time reading some technical jazz, but I always thought the best images were supposed to be out of focus. Isn't that why you're supposed to breath on the front of the lens before each exposure? That's what all the Kodak books say to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Out of focus or autofocus?!! Does it matter?¨'?!!
    The bummble-bee does not know that she can't fly by physical law, but she does'nt know this laws and just flying around!
    I think the film flatness in the holder is more a problem then any focusing problem!
    Happy New Year, Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And yes I can do it with a Satinsnow and even with my old Sinar glass!
    Because I did not know it was impossible, but since I know I get a hard time in focusing!¨¨''???
    Just take pictures!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Now I know why Ansel Adams photos always seemed so fuzzy. Poor Ansel! All that work for fuzzy photos! I thought I just needed new glasses. Mr. Anstendig has cleared it up, and saved me a trip to the optometrist.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I feel so fortunate....since my eyes won't properly focus either, I saved myself the aggrivation of reading his thome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Anstendig Institute

I would like to see Dave over at Satin Snow make one of these.

There are some new items on their web site, I'm still looking, it's not often that I find something new that is interesting. Whether it is of any practical use is not clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whole%20Messraster%20in%20Ilko%20Back%20100Res%20(1).jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All papers of The Anstendig Institute are available to the public free of charge.

Anstendig Institute
    915 Fulton St.
    San Francisco, Ca

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    All papers of The Anstendig Institute are available to the public free of charge.
    That is very anständig of them!
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    And still too expensive!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin