Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,573   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images
    Hey guys, how about using this tread to list your favorite self assignments. It can help other members who are seraching for a project to work on. I'll start off with a few I have though about doing.

* 24 hours in a single place (store, laundromat, park, mall, school, train depot, etc)
    * Faces (different expressions on the same model
    * Ordinary Objects (still life)
    * Night Photography around your home town
    * A day in the life of a person you admire (or hate )

What are yours?
    hi!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I finished up a 20 print series this last year on the Missions of South Texas. I am still working on a Working Cowboy Portraits series. I have about 20 that I uses but I need more. I am trying to be a landscape photographer. and I love photographing old turn of the 19th century country churches in Central Texas. That is what I am currently working on.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    You know, I am terrible at this kind of thing. I have no imagination to come up with something like this, but recently driving to an abandoned mission in the middle of the Sierra, I noticed there are many little shrines on the road. Perhaps for people who died on car accidents, I dont know. But some of them are quite beautiful, I am thinking of doing a series on this once I find out what the heck they are for.

OK, three things.

1) I'll tell you what I would LOVE to do, and I will tell you that I will be heartbroken if I see a Met or Guggenheim exibition that says "Gasteazoro: David's Idea". I would love to make a series of portaits of workers in China holding the everyday things we use that are made there. A little old woman, for example, holding up a Barbie doll in Mattel's Made In China Factory. If you take the idea and run with it...do it right. Large format, contact prints, take my breath away.

2) In 1999 I did a series of portraits of radio listeners that was really very good. I surprised myself. Black background, serious, holding up pieces of paper describing their listening habits. I would like to do that for other groups.

3) Lee, I was just in South Texas, checking out the missions around San Antonio. They are BEAUTIFUL. Old and still looking much more authentic than most of the California missions or San Blas, south of Tucson.

dgh
    David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well Aggie, based on the fact that our bathroom has a floor to ceiling window made out of those blocks... I hope you can't see much at all!!!

Here's things ratteling around my head.... (some I've started)

1. Lollipop people (they supervise crossings for school children)
    2. Dead Flowers
    3. Pics of people answering our videophone (door bell)
    4. Abstracts of my old car

I'll think of more later.

I've been thinking about creating a series of images of blue-collar, African-American workers. I'm intrigued by how often they are nearly "invisible" to many white-collar, European-American workers.

I might like to create a series based on the patterns found inside fruits and vegetables. Red cabbage (which I have photographed) has amazing patterns inside.

I'd like to create a series of images of the fruit stands of Florida. There are still places, usually outside of urban areas, that sell everything from watermelons to boiled peanuts.

I might like to create more images of some of the other old things of Florida. Shuffleboard courts (still used) come to mind.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a few "on hold" that I will be done - sooner or later:

1. A series of Doorknobs. I've already been saturated with "Doors" and I think the mechanisms that operate them - and form the connection betwen man and machine would be of interest.

2. Two slightly different "landscapes":

One made by taking individual exposures on a "grid" pattern - four horizontal by three vertical - overlapping slightly - to be exhibited in a single frame in a twelve- window mat.

Another done by holding that camera overhead at arms length and facing across the street, walking and tripping the shutter at two - or three step intervals. To be mounted and viewed sequentially.

3. A collection of the simplest geometic forms possible to be found in nature.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree that the San Antonio missions are very old. They were in very bad disrepair until just recently. I liked the Mission at Carmel, Ca. It is the only CA mission I have photographed to date. Next week end I am going to that Mission Just south of Tucson to photograph. We'll see how that turns out.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One summer, the project was Calla lilies. The next, it was birds. This year, it's shaping up to be sunflowers. I want to do one about barns or smll farms still standing in LA, but we will see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin