Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,457   Online: 1041

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's easier to say what I don't like. I don't like directly overhead bright light unless I am doing shots of old buildings in the desert. Beyond that it all depends on where I am and what I'm trying to get. My absolute favorite location and light is in the deep forest or jungle.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like early morning and early evening, a couple of hours after sunrise and a couple of hours before sunset. However, if I only shot at those times and only when the sun was out, and the wind calm and the temp nice, I would expose about 5 sheets of film a year.

I envy those who can spend a lot of time shooting in areas where the weather is always good or at least predictable on a consistent basis. On the great plains things vary day to day and season to season. I have learned to shoot in any light ant any time of day, and how to take advantage of that condition with choice of film and development.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since I live far to the north, direct overhead sun is not a problem.

I prefer the light from about one hour before sunrise to half an hour after, while the colours are still muted by haze. Since the time of sunrise varies from 03am to 11am with the time of year, I don't often get around to shooting in it. It's too early in the summer, and too bl**dy cold in the winter...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For my landscape photography I like to photograph 40 minutes each side of sunset and sunrise but I also enjoy the light as a storm approaches or is ending. Living in the border country between England and Scotland I see a lot of that sort of light. In my early days of making photographs I was told by the first photographer to influence me to take out the camera and make photographs in the rain and put it back into the bag and have a beer when the sun shines, it works for me.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outdoors I like early morning or early evening light. Indoors, I love window light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Aggie

I like the blue hour short after sunset, but it really depens on what I shooting and what my intention is.
    For interiors I like only to work with the lights wich are there and the windows lights!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin