Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,166   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found this interesting link: www.thenocturnes.com/reciprocity
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Michael,
    maybe you ought to consider using a film with better reciprocity charateristics than HP5. Tmax 100 is much better than HP5 and Acros is that much better than Tmax. Acros is linear out to 2min (really think about the implications of that&#33, where Tri-x begins to "depart" after 1/2 second.
    Acros becomes faster than Tri-x at an indicated 2sec exposure. I often use Tri-x out to a 4 sec indicated exposure and switch to Acros for anything longer.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Tom. I never looked into acros after giving up on TMX and moving back to traditional emulsions. But with those kind of reciprocity characteristics, I'll have to order a box and see how it performs.

On my original question, after reading almost everything available on the usual photo-chat sites, I've come to the conclusion that my notion of film becoming "desensitized" during extended exposures was pretty silly. It's a relief of sorts -- who needed another variable to battle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin