Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,541   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received my little Gossen battery doodad via UPS yesterday. From what I can tell, there looks to be some components inside it at the bottom of the adaptor inside a little cover. I believe this to be a schotky diode and maybe a resistor to lower the voltage as the original mercury PX625 batteries were 1.35 volts each, and the LR44 silver oxide versions are 1.5 volts each. The little circuit lowers the voltage close to the 2.7volts required. Otherwise, we'd need to get the meter calibrated.... Anyone know for sure?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Andrew,

I had the same question a few years back. I measured the adapter with my Fluke multimeter a few minutes ago and it measures .996 meg forward biased and 'open' reverse biased. My guess: a diode was employed that provides a diode drop in voltage but I could be wrong.

Fred
    Last edited by Fred Aspen; 04-01-2008 at 05:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Fred.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your adapter does exactly as you suspected. It drops the V to that required.
    Some fixes for metering systems were the same idea, but done under the covers so to speak. Adding a diode, that is.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Your adapter does exactly as you suspected. It drops the V to that required.
    Some fixes for metering systems were the same idea, but done under the covers so to speak. Adding a diode, that is.
    Not sure if this guy is still selling, but he is far cheaper than B&H, and at least his pdf is an in-depth discussion of the problem....

http://www.ihagee.org/batt-adapt-us.pdf

Best,

Cor

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I just use hear-aid batteries. They are the same as Wein at a fraction of the cost. Just bought 4 for $6.75.
    I use the hearing aid batteries with these adapters:

http://www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm

in several cameras and light meters that used PX625 mercury batteries.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    İ want to ask a question: what is the model of this gossen lunasix 3? thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin