Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1037

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gossen Lunasix 3's and battery conversion

My Lunasix 3's has the last set of Mercury PX625 batteries installed, and I just wanted to know who is using their gossen meter with their newer battery adaptor? I will eventually need to use one of these, or go with the Zinc Air batteries. I hear mixed feelings with zinc air batteries as they do not last long.

So the battery adaptor is looking like the only option. What I would like to know is, is it working well for you? Also, does the adaptor have the little diode and resistor that lowers the voltage down to 2.7 volts? I am curious how these adaptors are faring using the LR44 silver oxides, and how accurate the meters are using them?

I was also thinking that the CN1/3 lithium might be a good fit for this application, but am not sure?? Anyone try it?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an adaptor to my Gossen Lunasix and I must say that it works very well indeed. The meter is quite accurate and two LR 44 batteries lasts a long time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I also use an adapter for my Gossen, but use SR44 cells. I'm always leery of alkaline batts which can leak, even the button cells. The silver ones have never leaked in a meter or camera of mine. The battery adapter is spot-on on my LunaPro.
    Last edited by rosey; 03-25-2008 at 06:45 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey View Post
    I also use an adapter for my Gossen, but use SR44 cells.
    I too have a Lunasix 3 and have not yet addressed the discontinued battery issue. I have a few of those mercury batteries still, but I use them on my old F-1s.

Therefore, could someone post a link to the adapters of which you write (and with which you have had success?). I'd like to restart my Lunasix 3 as a backup meter.

Thanks!

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did some reading before I bought mine, and I think I found this information on www.gossen-photo.de - but I can’t find any reference to the adaptor anymore.

Anyway, it is a small plastic gizmo that holds the batteries and fits into the battery chamber. I think that the best bet is to contact Gossen directly and inquire if they are still available. Take a look at http://www.gossen-photo.de/english/foto_service.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got my adapter at B&H. It works just fine.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...older_for.html
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 03-25-2008 at 08:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, I ordered mine from B+H
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the pointers on obtaining an adapter.

" Be happy. Take a silver break today !!!"
    MP_Wayne

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought one of the adaptors a few months ago and it works great. I compared it to my F3 measuring a plain wall in my house and there was about 1/3 stop in it. Good enough for me.

Cheers, Lol

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just use hear-aid batteries. They are the same as Wein at a fraction of the cost. Just bought 4 for $6.75.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin