Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,662   Online: 969

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, seems a lot of people want it, how about you or Eric e mail Barnbaum and ask him if he would mind if we post the list here. If he does I will PM it to shees and Lee.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I will email Bruce and see what he says. I'm working with him on something else at the moment so it's no problem.

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Eww! goody! Thanks Jorge and Aggie thank you too for offering. This should help tons.

JL
    Embrace **it! **it. . .just another name for fertilizer. . . Grow baby Grow!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is Bruce's reply:
    Eric,
    re: Reciprocity numbers...
    All that is fine. I've never hesitated to give out info to anyone who
    asks. So, go for it!

Bruce
    I will make up a webpage on my server and post the link here. The page will include a pdf file that you can download and print out, then laminate so it will look just like the one Bruce gave us.

I have always found Bruce to be EXTREMELY generous with his knowledge. He is not someone to try and keep some tricks secret.

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well great! I took care of Shees and Lee, so for the rest, if you are interested go to Eric`s page.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here it is:

http://68.145.119.122

Just print them out and put the pages back to back and laminate them. This is a scan of the info we were given.

Please do the courtesy of checking out Bruce's website.

Thanks,

Eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Eric,

the link gets to the Barnbaum and the pdf's stuff but only the link to the Barnbaum stuff works. Que pasa, amigo?

lee\c

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Try again, I fixed it. Darn windoze crap. Make sure you refresh the main page first before trying to get the PDF's.

Duh.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Eric,

I have a question. As I review what you have posted and attributed to Bruce Barnbaum, I see processing notations in the first column. If these are developing compensations (as they appear to be) that are tied to time and reciprocity compensations then they make absolutely no sense to me. Since to use these would be to increase contrast in ever increasing increments in relation to ever increasing exposure times. This would be counter to what every film manufacture would advise. Furthermore it is counter to what reason would indicate. The problem with long (reciprocity affected) exposures is always increased negative contrast. To compensate by increasing development time would be driving negative contrast into the unprintable. Please explain.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm guessing the notation is what the effect of the long exposure would actually BE. For instance N+1 means that the long exposure actually causes an effective N+1 contrast increase, which would need to be compensated by a N-1 contraction. This is just a guess, though.

I use the BTZS reciprocity information in their palm pilot program, and it handles all that development compensation and contrast adjustment stuff with aplomb, so I can just concentrate on the photograph. I know a lot of people think its a sissy way of calculating exposure, but I'd rather be a 'sissy' with a great negative than 'burly man' trying to turn a rotten negative into a great print.

Clay

"It takes a big man to be able to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man"

--- Jack Handey

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin