Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,129   Online: 1240

Thread: !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    remember to point the camera up... that's about all I can add

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As far as I know (which isn't very far), you should try to keep the exposure time fairly short. The aurora "flickers", sometimes rapidly, sometimes slowly. I have seen some very good pictures taken at 30s, f:3.5 with 800 Iso film. And others at 15s, f:4, 100 Iso... So depending on film size I would go for a moderately fast film, wide aperture, and somewhere around 8 to 60 seconds...

http://www.northern-lights.no/englis...graphing.shtml has some very basic hints - their conclusion seems to be "experiment".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you sure they are not fires....?...

I wish we had some of those lights to fuss over where I live but here in North Central Texas I haven't seen a thing these past two nights.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was a story on CNN about huge solor storms knocking out a couple of communication satalites. That is probably why we are getting them so far south.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The proper term is. "Cronal Mass Ejection" mom.

Judgeing by the level of activity the sunspot group has shown this week, its preaty safe to say they arent done yet. 2 days ago was the 3rd largest flare ever recorded.

Its cool seeing the false color UV Movie (The Big one, not the closeup or the tiny one) of the sun just seconds before the explosion. It looks like the area sparks and then BOOM!

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Reported in The Times newspaper this morning as being visible widely across the northern hemisphere after one of the largest recorded solar flare eruptions.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    We should all be looking to the heavens next Saturday, November 8th. The will be a full moon, with a full lunar eclipse.
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin