Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 674

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Beyond that I think that the difference that C6H6O3 and I have is one of individual vision apart from the developer difference. Nothing wrong with his ideas...nothing wrong with mine. Just different.

Well, thanks for both of you in explaining what is going on.

I do remember that image of the side of the church and that street. It is incredibly sharp. Not having had the opportunity to use either developer I was just wondering out loud if that could be the difference you both have seen in your work.

I think the interesting statement is from C6H6O3's, "The negatives I make which enlarge well have too much contrast for Azo." I would think it would be the other way around. Where am I going wrong on this?

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I think the interesting statement is from C6H6O3's, "The negatives I make which enlarge well have too much contrast for Azo." I would think it would be the other way around. Where am I going wrong on this?

lee\c
    I was wrong. I was in a terrific hurry when I typed that. What I mean is not that these negatives have 'too much contrast' but that the scale is on the wrong part of the curve. For Azo it needs to be shifted more toward the right, jammed up against the shoulder, if you will.

Here's a good example of an image from a negative which enlarges wonderfully but from which I cannot make what I consider to be a fine print on Azo. On Bergger VCNB it has open, detailed shadows, glowing midtones and detailed highlights. On Azo, if I print the highlights effectively, the lower zones are all too dark. Any attempt to hold them back with a water bath brings dreaded mud.

http://www.apug.org/site/main/album_...hp?pic_id=1185

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin