Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,638   Posts: 1,648,370   Online: 1166

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    I enjoyed this, thank you for sharing.
    My Manila - Adventures in Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys are very welcome. It feels so good to give back, even tho' it's a tiny thing, to so many that has helped me so much.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Belgium and Germany for beer, dont even think about arguing with me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great artical, thanks for the post. While most pros can agree with the artical, the majority of sales for digital cameras I think are to Joe and Jane Sixpack. These are the folks who have enough disposable income (boy don't I wish I did too) to upgrade their camera every year or two along with their ipods and such. There's no doubt about it, we here in the US love our technology and our gadgets. I cannot tell you how many times I've had people come up to me while I was out shooting my F2 or my RZ67 and express surprise that film is still being made. Furthermore, while I agree that film images offer so much more quality then digital images, most people simply don't care. They just want a camera to shoot on vacations, birthday parties, soccer games etc. Many people I've spoken to over the years no longer even make prints, they just upload them to their computer and look at them there. How sad.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I sometimes wonder how our culture has shifted so much to arrive at a point where mediocrity is considered good enough. Is there just not a demand for excellence anymore? I don't mean to get off topic here but it just seems that the older I get (I'm 39 now) the bar on quality continues to drop on just about everything from pop culture to the products one finds on the shelves, yet the prices for these items continues to rise.

Now then that's off my chest, this is a good time for the old reminder that cameras do not take pictures, people do. A good photographer will take good pictures regardless of the camera he/she is using.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am a film only user, that is why I am here, but I can't say the digital is bad. One thing is very true about the article is that fountain pen is way way more sexy than any laptop you can get and more expensive too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin