Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,390   Online: 962

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images
    Just got this email today...

Dear Photographer,

Because you are a valued partner, I am writing to explain the facts behind the announcements Kodak made on January 22nd. I want to avoid any potential misunderstanding about Kodak's commitment to traditional film photography as we experienced after a similar meeting last September.

Kodak remains committed to film, photographic paper, and traditional photography now and in the future. In fact, we will aggressively defend our leadership positions in film and paper.

True, we will accelerate growth of our digital products and services. However, our goal is to grow the total photography category for our mutual benefit.

At the upcoming Photographic Marketing Association meeting in Las Vegas next month, we will introduce four exciting new consumer films and one-time-use cameras and four new films and papers for professional photographers and professional labs. We will introduce a number of new digital products and services as well. These products, and more like them in our product roadmaps, underscore our commitment to photography.

In our meeting with investors and the news media, we outlined the fact that management is already delivering on our digitally-oriented growth strategy. Our new business environment requires a much lower cost structure and you will read about some of the plans we are developing to become more competitive. Our focus now is to take the operational steps to accelerate success.

Our intent in doing so is to make Kodak a stronger, more capable company. A company that is better able to meet your needs today and well into the future.

View January 22, 2004 Press Release.

Best regards,

Bernard Masson
    President
    Digital & Film Imaging Systems
    Eastman Kodak Company
    hi!

Shooter
    35mm
    Brian

It fits with what was stated in one recent press release, I believe the out of film camera business one.
    They would introduce new films in the near future.
    But all the press would explore was the out of the camera business.

The report of film death was greatly exaggerated- paraphrasing Mark Twain.

At least until the next press release...

Jorge O

Do not trust on what Kodak says, not even development times published.
    sergio caetano

Images
    I'm really currious as to what type of pro films they are going to come up with. The portra line is pretty maxed out if you ask me.
    hi!

Yea, yea, yea, Kodak, tell it to someone who cares.

Some things never change.

Images
    HAHAHA!
    hi!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    good point michael. They are in the CYA mode. I moved almost all of my business way from Kodak several years ago. I decided to vote with my pocket book and give my money to those that will support my efforts.

lee\c

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    When dealing with credit lines for example (i.e. whether to extend or open up a line of credit for trading financial products between companies) the last people you want to call is the company under scrutiny. They will always print a rosy picture to placate worried counterparties and investors. Kodak is no different. A third party source is often times more reliable.
    Francesco

Images
    I support you Lee. I'll be waiting by the mail box
    hi!

I guess I am on the flip side of the coin. I like some of their papers, use Tri-X in both sheet and 120 format and use HC-110 frequently. I hope that they do deliver and also introduce a few products I might use.

I will give them the opportunity and see if they can make good on what they say.

Kind Regards,
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin