Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,157   Online: 945

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    We are coming to the end of a photographic era...but we can all stop this from happening completely! Shoot Kodachrome!--Pull that old film camera out of the closet. It is hungry for some Kodachrome!

according to yesterday's press reports, kodachrome is now finished....<shrug>

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,

Film is on the way out?
    There were 23 new films introduced to the market lately. More than at anytime in history.
    Many companies have restructured and new papers, film and special developers are introduced.
    There are awesome new films out there and many seem to be coming from Germany.
    I am following german photographic websites and there is a considerable resurgence of film,
    paper, and specialty developers.
    Rollei is still producing their beautiful Rolleiflex camera. (they have not closed their doors after all) Adox is coming back swinging, after being absent for long time from the photographic market. Many companies are working together to be more efficient.

Cheers,

Marcus
    Last edited by Marcus S; 06-25-2009 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Change of sentence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alan doyle View Post
    sounds correct, those hasselblods are for retro fiends and space cadets, they are so 1969 so neil stretch armstrong and buzz lightyear. and do not even get me started on that carol zeiss guy and his crummy lens.

I love that one! That's a gem!!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been reading some other stuff on this guy's blog since I found this thread yesterday. Lots of interesting observations -particularly on lighting etc. - in a Dean Collinsish kind of way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read that article a little while back and quite enjoyed it. It's an excellent read.

From the article:
    ... and you know you’re either lying or blind if you insist you can get great black and white conversions from digital ...
    Unfortunately you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone in the legion of black-plastic-dslrs-users who understands that

Mark Twain said "Everyone complains about the weather but no one ever does anything about it." Well ... everyone complains about post-processing, but no one ever does anything about it :rolleyes:

For me digital impedes creativity because I can see the results immediately. I see the LCD and I loose interest after that. Instant gratification kills it for me.

As for the creative process, I just walk around with a camera and take pictures of what interests me. I also spend a lot of time on Flickr: there are zillions of film photographers there with tons of good work. Very inspirational for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very nice read. I wonder if his take is the same 2 years later, or is he actually changed his shooting!! I would like to see his follow up. He did an excellent job of writing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin