Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,438   Online: 900

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Actually use the 1/r^^4 [1/r**4] rather than 2 * 1/r^^2 [2 * 1/r**2].

Steve
    Wow, I don't think I have that language pack installed on my computer (and to keep in the non digital spirit, I'm talking about my analog computer )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now that the dust has settled, somewhat, I've downloaded an image to the "Technical Gallery", taken where the appropriate metering was "Reflected Averaging", with a Gossen UltraPro.

Situation:
    Tired after driving from Stuttgart over ice covered roads in late January. Arrived for check-in at ~ 2000 - 2100 hours. I was impressed by the appearance of the entrance, and decided to take a quick image.
    Incident metering would NOT be appropriate ... that would measure the light FALLING ON the scene, actually liitle to none. Spot metering would indicate great range of light ... and, most probably extensive calculations, if that range was not in the capability of the meter processing. In any event, It would take more time and energy than I wanted to expend at that time. I pointed the meter at the scene, pressed the button once or twice, and "flew" with the result.

Now, there is more to the story... which I wll post on the Coolor Analyzer thread.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin