Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,496   Posts: 1,543,047   Online: 994

Shooter
    35mm

Mail order processing.

Please tell me where I can get real developing and printing done by mail. I am not a proffesional by any means, just a purist. Why use film if they are just going to turn your images into digital pictures.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You'll have to tell us what continent to inhabit (APUG is a world wide entity), what format you shoot and whether or not you use black and white or colour film (or transparencies).

Just fyi, a simple Google search will turn up numerous options for mail order processing.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not sure where you are, but A&I will do everything "the old fashioned way" if you want it. I think they exclusively use xtol for BW development.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I second A&I. I've always been impressed with their service and quality. Good luck.
    _________
    Dan Larsen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any pro lab will take your film via mail, develop your film, and be able to make analog pix from the film. With the possible exception of Ilfochrome prints from transparencies, if they can't do all of this, then they are not a lab worth regularly patronizing, IMO. I use A and I in L.A., but any major metro area should have at least one.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    samys805. (samy's camera in santa barbara)

just got off the phone with them, they will do it for sure. prices are on the site.

matt (one of the lab techs, just talked with him), said that they will be getting a c-41 order form pdf on the site shortly, but in the mean time, a handwritten note will do. prices are on the website

http://www.samys805.com/printing/

pretty good prices too . i believe the film is processed via dip-n-dunk, not sure. call them if you need more details.

-dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do labs help decide what to set for best exposure?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin