Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,349   Online: 1015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images

High Resolution Images of Kodak Park

Bing Maps has some really great, high resolution aerial imagery of Kodak Park (and the surrounding area), including a very detailed "bird's eye view." The size and complexity of the infrastructure is rather incredible.

Enjoy!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can see clearly now, the veil has gone...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Center the image on Lake Ave and Ridge Rd here: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...cl=1&encType=1

The building on the corner is B-38, the large coating facility at KP.

North is a circular structure which is the George Eastman Memorial and just north of that is B-59, the old Research Labs where most film coating R&D is done. Just north of that is B-9 which was demolished about 2 years ago. The road that runs in front of B-9 is Hanford Landing Rd. If you continue left on it and look north, that entire complex that is/was there was all the paper mill and the paper coating facility.

If you go north again, and look for the causeway over Lake Ave, you are looking at the new research complex. The chip making facility is there as are a number of synthetic chemistry and analytical chemistry divisions.

BTW, this web site is unreliable and has crashed my web browser twice.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    BTW, this web site is unreliable and has crashed my web browser twice.

PE
    It's a Microsoft product, I think...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    35mm

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    For whatever reason, Google Maps only shows a blurry image of Kodak Park, although many of Kodak's other facilities to the west are displayed in full resolution.

BTW, thanks for commenting, PE! I was hoping you'd point out some of the uses and locations for the various buildings (specifically B-38!). I had no idea Kodak operated their own paper mill. Sorry about the crashes, but as Kirk pointed out, Bing is in fact a Microsoft product.
    Last edited by E76; 07-24-2009 at 12:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    With Google Maps, however, you can do street view, and actually take a virtual stroll around the complex!

Thanks P.E.!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After I looked at Kodak Park, I took a stroll around Rochester and found the places that I lived.

Thanks,

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both Bing and Microsoft Virtual Earth crash continually on my computer. Google maps does not.

If you want more information, travel out Ridge Road going west and come to the RR tracks across Ridge Road. Just on the south edge of Ridge is a large complex. This is/was Eastman Organic Chemicals division where most dyes, couplers and many vitamins were made. It was a custom shop for Kodak Park.

If you look at the corner of Dewey and Ridge, the large building in the lower portion of the scene on Dewey was B-69 home of Photographic Technology where all new processes and equipment were internally tried before release. Just a tad north of B-69 was B-65 which was once the entire photo processing plant of EK including Kodachrome. It was also torn down. I have photos of both going down having been a guest with ring side seat to the demolition last year.

These photos are about 3 - 4 years old at least, maybe more.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's most noticeable is the emptiness of the car-parks also looks like some buildings have been demolished.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin