Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,275   Online: 779

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Your Favourite Photo

If you had to choose just one. Pick your best and post it here. Im intersted in seeing these. Remember, just one, take a stand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    from my shots, or my favorite from another photographer?

i have too many shots i've taken that would count as my "favorite"

if its the latter, then i'd have to go with 'Monolith: moon-rise over half dome' by A.A. this is followed very closely by a photograph of a womans legs (legs only) in the movie shawshank redemption, its a poster on andy dufrane's cell wall just above/ or near the door. I've never seen the photograph anywhere else, and if anyone has any info on who took it, etc, i can't seem to find anything about it. i occasionally pop the dvd in the player just to fast forward to the shot, just because i like it that much .

-dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven't taken my favorite shot yet. And I hope never to have done so. As to those already exposed, it changes with the mood.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You mean the photo we think we got the exposure best in?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have spent a number of years wondering if I could identify my favorite photograph. Or wondering how many people could. I have come to the conclusion that for me it is impossible to find just one image or even 10 images that stand up every day of my life. I also came to the conclusion that my favorite photo is one that I have done myself because of the sentimental value of it being my own. Also I conclude that how you define the favorite photo changes it... the photo you would take to a desert island, the photo you would put in a time capsule, the photo that would be the most valuable to sell, the best photo by your favorite photographer, the photo that most makes you want to take photos, on and on. I love Edward Steichen's photo of heavy roses and of the moon lit pond. I love any number of Irving Penn still life photos.
    Dennis

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi

I'm new to the APUG. So What a thread to my first post. Attached is my own favourite. I understand everybodies dilemma of defining 'favourite' but if I read the initial post correcttly, it's to share any photo you call favourite.

My own was taken, 1993 in Cambodia. Walking along the road edge, and the man was just starting off on his way. Quickly out came the camera (EOS 1000fn) and 2 or 3 shots fired whilst panning.

I love it for the fact that it worked exactly as I had seen it. And the motion around gives life to the subject.

And it's shot B+W..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N9315 - Motionless.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think the greatest photo ever taken is Eugene Smith's "Tomoko Uemura in Her Bath."

However, my favorite photo is George Seeley's "The Firefly."

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is my favorite shot, one of my first i ever made on my Graphic view II 4x5, it was snowing very hard and about 6 or so inches were on the ground, so just used an umbrella

http://yfrog.com/14barninsnowforngj

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Aw, hell. I deleted it by accident.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thisispants View Post
    If you had to choose just one. Pick your best and post it here. I'm interested in seeing these. Remember, just one, take a stand.
    My current favorite is this rock face. I've had a copy up on my wall for years; I never grow tired of it and it's still getting good comments. Of course people who don't like it probably don't say anything. But it's my house and my photograph. What can they do?
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin