Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,427   Online: 782

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Most newer cameras (in the past 10 years or so) do have 1/3 stop increment for both shutter speed and aperture.
    You're correct, I forgot the newer cameras have the 1/3 stop settings. But, they still have shutter tolerance that can be as much as 25% +/- and still be within spec.
    The electronic shutters are more consistent and accurate than mechanical but still the probability that you can get exposures within that 1/10 stop is pretty slim.

With studio flash exposure is done with the lights, not the camera so the exposure can be more accurate.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just about all the leading modern digital meters Gossen , Sekonic, Kenko, can read to 1/10 of a stop, both for ambient and flash light.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey, if I was to use a meter solely for spot metering, would it be more practical to buy the 358 and the spot add-on, or the 758? I know the 758 has it built in, was just curious as to how they compare in spot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've calculated it and they're about the same price, so I might end up going with the 758.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Compare the features and sensitivy. Sekonic provides all the info. The 758 will have more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by robertmgray View Post
    I've calculated it and they're about the same price, so I might end up going with the 758.
    For me Robert after a lifetime of using meters that take general reflected light readings ( Western Euromaster , Gossen Profisix, Lunapro SBC ) I would miss the ability to take a genaral reflected reading which the 758 can't do, only spot and incidental.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're interested mainly in spot metering then getting the meter with builtin spot is better than using an attachment as most of the spot attachment could suffer from parallax.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    If you're interested mainly in spot metering then getting the meter with builtin spot is better than using an attachment as most of the spot attachment could suffer from parallax.
    Not in this case Chan, all the Sekonic spot attachments for the L-358 I,5, and 10 degree have the prefix N.P. meaning none parallax.
    Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Okay, well now I'm thinking of buying a L-508 which is a little cheaper and still has more than I need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think they still make the L-508 Robert , It would have to be second hand, It's not listed as a product on the Sekonic website or on the importers price list.
    Ben

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin