Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,043   Online: 874

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

High Key Lighting

I am doing 2 books at this time. Only photographic images. I am very interested in doing some with high key lighting. Both books are nudes, but not conventional.

Any advice on doing high key lighting and developing will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Don

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm also interested in this.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meter the BG one or more stops over. Make sure that you dont have your subj too close to the BG or you will have ghosting around your subj. I've used bell-type reflectors and softboxes w/o outer diffusion to light a high-key bg. You want to keep your heads fairly close to the bg and aim them so that they are pointed at the opposite edge of your seamless or cyc wall so that you dont end up with hot spots in your bg.

If your shooting b and w film, only one stop will give you a VI on the tonal scale, I would meter it at least a VII or VII 1/2 and print it down if it is too hot in the final print.

It never hurts to double check via a polaroid before you start burnin through film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    read up about the zone system, especially "the negative" by ansel adams.

if you already haven't of course

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin