Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,419   Online: 1113

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We realize that there have been rumors floating around that Humpty Dumpty was pushed. This is a blatant falsehood perpetrated by radical fringe elements who wish to discredit this administration. This administration has, and always will, support the right of any egghead to sit on the fence. The allegations that Humpty Dumpty's opinions were becoming a danger to this administration and that his ultimate and untimely fall was perpetrated by agents of this administration is complete rubish. I repeat, Humpty Dumpty was not pushed. Any opinions to the contrary are blatant attacks against this administration and all that it stands for and will be dealt with as we deem fit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have always just used my eyes and what I saw in the viewfinder of the camera, and previsualization. The only viewing frames I have ever owned were the ones around the prescriptin lenses on my face. " Trust your instincts.... and may the force be with you."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been using one of the Zone VI viewing filters since the late 1980's. I realy don't use it for composition much anymore but the filter material really helps to visualize what the scene will look like in b&w.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    "Trust your instincts.... and may the force be with you."

I always thought that was "and may the schwartz be with you". I always get that mixed up, oh well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I started with the zone VI viewer and that was a pretty good help. After a while the strangest thing happened. Once I got under the dark cloth and really started looking at the image on the ground glass, the colors just disappeared from the image on the ground glass. Have no idea why my mind was playing these tricks on me, but I just play along and everything works out just fine.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe, that reminds me of a story I read about John Sexton..seems he was working on a shot of some frens, I think and someone was interviewing him and ask him about the color and he said something like - Oh! They are green!! Some folks just see in Black and White and that is a good thing, in my mind.

Would love to have it happen to me, darn colors keep getting in the way.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Was humpty dumpty pushed One stop Or More?
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Regarding Humpty Dumpty, it was a two stop push, he was overprocessed, and eventually turned into scrambled eggs :-D

Regarding the question, I used to use a viewing frame. I found that I spent more time looking through the frame than photographing. I think it had something to do with the fact that my previous camera was pretty slow to operate. Now that I have a camera that is much faster to use I find that I explore with the camera as opposed to the viewing frame.

I will use my forefinger and thumb to form a rough framing square tho. I'll occassionally look through it too :lol:
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think most people who work in b&w with a view camera eventually get to the point where they ignore color. When I'm looking at the ground glass, I know that the color is there but my mind just kind of refuses to recognize it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Press release: We continue to hear allegations that Humpty Dumpty was pushed by agents of this administration. Once again, this is a blatant lie. Humpty Dumpty is one of this administrations closest supporters. He in no way was pushed. He is simply taking a long overdue vacation in an undisclosed location.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin