Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,662   Online: 853

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    That's not right. It's f5.6 and 4/10. So basically halfway between f5.6 and f8.
    Those wretched decimals!
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    OK Thanks all, just sound like theres to much information for everyday operation. I'll just stick to the main figures and run with that. Pity you cannot turn the 1/10 off, or display the shutter in whole number and nearest to standard shutter speeds along the bottom.
    That's one of my biggest complaints about the 558- it is too complex unless used every day and every way. Am waiting for my Pentax Digital, which does one thing, the one I want. I guess it's not unlike the difference between the controls on a Leica and those on one of the newer super DSLRs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First there were SLRs.

Then there were D-SLRs.

Not there are "Super D-SLRs"!

I am holding off until they are "Super-Dooper D-SLRs", personally!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    First there were SLRs.

Then there were D-SLRs.

Not there are "Super D-SLRs"!

I am holding off until they are "Super-Dooper D-SLRs", personally!
    And when THEIR useful life ends, they can be converted into Super-Dooper Pooper-Scoopers by removing the lens and sensor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    modern digital light meters are like this I have two of them a Sekonic and a Gossen, I'm seventy two years old and have no problem with them, and can't understand why much younger people than I think them "too complex", it ain't rocket science all do is get as near as you can to the reading so if in shutter priority mode the meter reads f8.4 or f8.6 if your lens has half stop click stops set it between f8 and f5.6 (f6.3) or if it reads f8.9 set the lens at f5.6, you can see on the analogue readout on the bottom of the display which is the closest full or half stop to the digital readout. I find these digital meters very accurate and much quicker and easier to use that the Weston Master or Gossen Lunapro S.B.C that I also have and have put in semi-retirement.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-09-2010 at 11:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin