Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,610   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

fooled

with the title, I thought you were discussing fade to black polaroid

http://shop.the-impossible-project.c...70_1_1009_fade
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it would be Polaroid too ....Send if for a CLA and a repair man can let you know what exactly is going on.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Yes, a CLA is necessary.. I had a Nikon F3 with this problem years ago---was a dirty shutter magnet or something like that. The problem occurred after the camera had set idle for a couple of years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also vote for a shutter problem. I touched the speed dial on my IIIf while it took a picture and the result was almost identical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was talking with an old retired pro-photographer a while back. He was showing off a new (old) camera, he was having the similar issue.

It was his finger.

The lens was shorter than what he was used to and allowed his index and middle fingers to get in front and vignette the shot.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, it's a horizontal shutter. And it would make sense that it would become noticeable when I'm shooting outside, in the cold, at faster shutter speeds. Hopefully I can continue to shoot with this camera and avoid using faster shutter speeds, because I doubt I could afford to get this fixed, but I like it so much.

Thank you all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmacdonald View Post
    Yes, it's a horizontal shutter. And it would make sense that it would become noticeable when I'm shooting outside, in the cold, at faster shutter speeds. Hopefully I can continue to shoot with this camera and avoid using faster shutter speeds, because I doubt I could afford to get this fixed, but I like it so much.

Thank you all.
    This is a relatively common issue called "capping". This is where the first shutter curtain becomes slow enough that the second curtain overtakes it. Cleaning and lubricating the camera is the best idea, but there is another way that may work;
    Without film of course, cycle the camera many times, by cocking the shutter and firing it through all the speeds. Maybe 100 to 200 times. This may loosen up the old lubricant and the shutter may function once again....for a while.

Best to have a CLA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Send the camera to Michael Spencer. He does exellent CLA's on olympus cameras and it cost no more than 50 pounds.

Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    your camera is attempting to capture an image of the APUG parallel universe. if you put the negative in a viewer backwards and drink 4 or 5 shots of tequila you will begin to see the image. make sure you are sitting down because what you see might shock you.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    It looks to me like the leading shutter curtain is quickly slowing to a halt at exposure time. Perhaps a bent metal guide edge? Is the effect precisely the same at all speeds?
    Most likely the springs in the curtain rollers need to be adjusted. This is done as part of a CLA.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin