Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,463   Online: 1103

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gossen Luna Pro SBC or Weston Master V?

I have seen both on ebay in good shape for little money. I have been using the meter in my Maxxum 7000 for MF & LF readings but would rather not have to lug it along any more. Any thoughts or preferences?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Weston is a lot smaller, but beware many are dodgy as the selenium cells age badly. The LunaPro SBC is far more accurate particularly in low light levels and you can get a 7/15 degree spot attachment, as well as other extra, but it's a big meter.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more vote for the Gossen meter.
    True, it is a big meter but if you can live with that the rest is excellent.
    There are also a lot of accessories available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the luna pro is a great meter!
    someone "in the know" once told
    me it reads blue light so it can really
    give you good readings in low light ...
    not sure if it is true or not, but i have been
    using one for 20+ years ... and aside from
    all the cool attachments you can get for it,
    one of the best things is it takes a standard 9 volt battery!
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Luna pro is a great meter. I have the EU version Lunasix-3 with spott metering 7,5 degree.
    The meter use 2x 1,35V mercury battery but the set can be replaced by an adapter with Silver Oxide battery and diode. The measuring range is very wide and precise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert, the Luna Pro/Lunasix is quite a different to the Luna Pro SBC/Profisix SBC which is a Null meter and larger, I have both bought via APUG adverts

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 03-12-2010 at 08:47 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just bought a Luna Pro SBC to replace my Pro-F that decided to die on me after my daughter went and dropped it. I *love* it. Works very well, even in the lowest light I've thrown at it.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    the spot meter attachment is to imprecise for the Luna Pro... but then again, the Weston has none. I use a Pentax spotmeter... the V is analogue and the others are digital. all work well, if you know the zone system... Phil Davis would council for an incident reading meter like the Luna Pro/Weston with the "ping pong ball" translucent receptor in front of the element. just take the reading and it's 18% gray... transfer directly to the camera...
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been putting my Luna Pro SBC for about six months now and am loving it - I only now have learned that it's considered 'big'

I'll vote for the Luna though I can't say I've had much experience elsewhere (outside of internal metering.)
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I consider the main feature of the Luna Pro SBC / Profisix that one can "place" object luminance very easily at relative values.
    Last edited by AgX; 03-12-2010 at 01:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correcting US designation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin