Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,390   Posts: 1,683,295   Online: 643

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Where to find Sekonic 758 film profiles

Does anyone know place to download Sekonic 758 profiles for different b&w films (kodak, ilford, efke, etc.)?

Thanks

ig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, I don't think there ARE generic profiles for your light meter, but more importantly, for your exposure and development techniques.

Just like with the Zone System, you are the one who has to create your own profiles, based on YOUR exposure and processing techniques.

You could than use the Sekonic DTS software to create your own dedicated film profiles and upload them to the 758 from what I understand of the brief look at the description of what the calibration software does.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I understand that - processing technique, chemistry both would changes the profile. But shouldn't there be a standard curve for any specific film under standard developing circumstances (i.e. tmax100 with XTOL) ... something that would show dynamic range, textural range curves?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm actually wondering about the same thing....

Isn't exposing film one thing and developing and printing quite another? Once the film is exposed correctly, ie within its dynamic range, then developing technique can be used to expand or contract the range. Would the characteristic curbe of a particular film usable? I see Sekonic allows me to set clipping point and dynamic range. To me, it sounds like one is the straight (more less) portion of the curve, and the other is when it's well into toe or heel.

Thanks.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had no idea... Wow, am I behind the times. I just checked out the links given. I guess if I was shooting with a DSLR I'd probably want one of these fancy meters.

How times change when you're not watching.

Dave (really feeling old...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    I had no idea... Wow, am I behind the times. I just checked out the links given. I guess if I was shooting with a DSLR I'd probably want one of these fancy meters.

How times change when you're not watching.

Dave (really feeling old...)
    Sekonic are working on developing the next model Dave, that brings you a cup of coffee in bed in the morning, that you can legally marry
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tkamiya, any new insights?

Dave, Sekonic 758 is one of very few "affordable" and still available spot meters and that allows you a 1 degree measuring - aside from *bay offers on used Pentax and Minolta. I seriously doubt that 758 is high priority on DSLR-only crowd's shopping list.

Ben, that is just hilarious!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm afraid I have nothing to share... I was really wishing some APUG heavy weights will chime in and share their knowledge.

I am now wondering if Sekonic will have a firmware update for 758 when cook breakfast option becomes available.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least this link makes clear reference to using the 758 series in combination with film profiling as well:

http://www.overlandphoto.com/products/sekl758dr.html

And maybe this reference about the profiling process may be useful:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=331725

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, it makes me wonder how the heck I've managed to take pictures without one for the last fifty odd years
    Ben

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin