Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,707   Online: 767

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Gossen Meter Factory Service

Who does "factory" service on Gossen SBC meters?
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quality Light Metric Company
    7095 Hollywood Blvd #550
    Los Angeles, CA 90028

323-467-2265

They repair/calibrate meter for the movie industry -- fast quality work! I just got back 4 meters I sent them. Three SBC's, plus an Minota IVF that a student zapped with 110 volts of household current. Just because the sync cord has a household plug on it (for Norman strobes) does not mean that you can plug into the wall!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaughn,hope the student was OK.Bet the look on his face was something to witness.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't know, Mike. All I got was, "The sync cord on the meter doesn't work anymore." (Our lighting studio is across the campus.) It was Quality Light Metric that told me why the meter was not working.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Quality Light Metric Company
    7095 Hollywood Blvd #550
    Los Angeles, CA 90028

323-467-2265

They repair/calibrate meter for the movie industry -- fast quality work! I just got back 4 meters I sent them. Three SBC's, plus an Minota IVF that a student zapped with 110 volts of household current. Just because the sync cord has a household plug on it (for Norman strobes) does not mean that you can plug into the wall!
    I sent to them first, but could not fix it. They said send it to Mac Group for factory service. Mac Group sent it back saying it was not their product.
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not send it to Gossen? They aligned two Lunastar for me (I wanted them to read exactly the same), and fixed a Colormaster, which took a dive into a glass of Coke. Both repairs were €50 each.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Why not send it to Gossen? They aligned two Lunastar for me (I wanted them to read exactly the same), and fixed a Colormaster, which took a dive into a glass of Coke. Both repairs were €50 each.
    That is a great idea, but I can't find were to send it or to who.
    Michael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bogen is the factory importer and service company for Gossen in the USA
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    I had my Lunasix-3 serviced and calibrated by Gossen last year. Very quick and, by the calibration certificate, very accurate once again.

The price was also pretty reasonable, especially as some parts of the dials had cracked and needed replacing. One difference is that I live in the country next door to that of the manufacturer, so transport is easy. Meters are smallish and lightish, so you could always send it to Germany - or contact the distributor that chriscrawfordphoto suggests above.

Images
    I have a Luna Pro F that went out and Quality Light Metric could not fix it. I did send it to Bogen Imaging, as mentioned in this thread. The problem was an IC chip that needed to be replaced, in my case. Total charges including calibration, cleaning, and return shipping was $77.80. The meter soon went out, and Bogen fixed it under warranty, very promptly. It has been working perfectly since, just as it did for the 16 or so years before.

http://www.bogenimaging.us/service/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin