Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,601   Online: 1095

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I work in series of related images for the photo courses I take in my retirement. Every two weeks we have to put up ten new shots, related to the series subject, 11x14 or larger, as near show quality as we can get, for class critique. A course will have six critiques for new work and a seventh final with twenty matted final prints.

This term I’m working on religion in transition, churches to be built, churches left by the congregation for larger buildings (what became of the old or expansion construction), churches abandoned, churches repurposed ( a bank, a winery, an historical museum, Faith Gym), churches demolished by man or in one case lightning and fire. One discovers the churches by research, word of mouth, or plain old prospecting. One never knows what will catch your photographic eye or even which way the church is oriented. Occasionally I use my wife’s auto GPS to find the place, but usually I simply scout, observe and decide.

The baby jogger I use to carry either the 8x10 or 7x17 was into a bicycle shop once years ago for a repair. Someone had bent the axle while parking to close to the jogger hanging off the back of the SUV. The dealer had a bicycle compass and bell for sale. I may have the only baby jogger, with 7x17 and a bicycle bell compass. If the sun is not where I want it I determine what time of day it will be where I want it with compass and watch and return then. I have yet to figure out when the sun will come around to the north side though.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I write ideas in a small .txt file on my desktop. Mostly ideas about composition, location.
    I try to repeat shots which are not 100% at first time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    Does anyone else keep track of "potential" future shots for the same reasons, though perhaps not quite as anally?
    Yep, I do. I used to keep notes on my Palm, now my iPhone. Sometimes a regular little notebook.

I have a small Word document with potential photo ideas that I keep/update every so often. It comes in handy when I want to take photos but can't think of anything.

You can try, but never can repeat a lanscape. Never ever. Something always changes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin