Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,861   Online: 1057

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    "and reciprocity is based upon x number of photons or x amount of light hitting the film per wavelength or point in time etc" I've stated it enough times. I even infer in my opening post that it's not exposure duration based by the way I account for reciprocity.
    Athiril. I think you do understand the process of reciprocity failure well, especially considering your correct remark about the efficiency of photons creating the latent image as reposted here below, but your way of describing things is to say the least a bit difficult to understand... In addition, your original post missed some vital info.

Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    IE: the amount of light hitting the film falls to a certain level where the efficiency of it being absorbed to form the latent image is reduced, if its 1 stop its reduced to 50% of the effiency of normal shooting conditions.
    In addition, since I am now also convinced you do understand those basics very well, I am really wondering why you initially posted the thread, as I think you don't really need our approval for your calculations.

Anyway, lets keep it at this.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It was a curiosity, as I wanted to know if I dont account for reciprocity, what my actual underexpose or EI I shot the film at was, but I can agree with using the chart in reverse as it makes more sense

And I want to the know the EI, as I'd like to find the point at which Tri-X just stops making a picture period.

The fact I can also overexpose the hell out of it by several stops and just pull it, or expose it as fast as that and still get a picture just makes it so versatile and wonderous, as long as I keep the EI consistent on the one roll you'll get pictures if you match development.

I could just carry the one film... if I didn't like the benefits of others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin