Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,636   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Weston Master III Settings

Hi guys- I have a nice Weston Master III. It is only slightly off from all of my other meters...They are very close but I have seen some older tables that give the standard ASA and then the adjustment that you should use when using a Weston. Those only go up to 200 and there doesn't seem to be a pattern in the speeds so I was wondering what I should set the meter to when I shoot Tri-X 400. Thanks

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am curious if anyone has a definitive answer to this.I've seen a stop below box speed in a few places.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 400 (400 cd/ft^2) is right about EV15 for ISO100 (14.9). So you can convert the dial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    The 400 (400 cd/ft^2) is right about EV15 for ISO100 (14.9). So you can convert the dial.
    I'm not sure if we are thinking of the same thing (unless it is my ignorance) I am trying to figure out what to set the Emulsion speed dial to.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Weston numbers are 0.8 x ISO so ISO 100 is Weston 80, ISO 400 is Weston 320, etc.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In a nutshell, just set it at the next slowest film speed to the films boxed speed, for example if its 64 I.S.O. set it at 50. There are plenty of websites you can get the speed conversion table http://www.camerapedia.org/wiki/ASA.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 05-07-2010 at 05:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, that 4/5 correction works. I understand it is also possible to have them recalibrated to standard ISO/ASA numbers.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've actually found my Master II far easier to use in practice than reading the booklet indicated to my brain.Now if I only did it right.

And thanks for the confirmation.

Shooter
    35mm
    Studying the calculator dial then 0.8 factor is right. Or in other word, 1/3 stop that is to set your ISO 1/3 stop slower than your film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well the roll is done.I'm not real happy with the photos however the exposure is good.The meter is working as intended my brain isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin