Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,743   Online: 945

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    When I got the F5 my flash pictures are always underexpsoed. I sent the camera back to Nikon twice to have it calibrated but same problem. I had to do a 1 stop + compensation and this is very inconvienient because I have to remove the compensation when shoot without flash.
    I recently read a book about Nikon flash (forgot the tittle) and in most example the author had to use + compensation. On the everage about 2/3 stop. So I am confident that Nikon intentionally made the TTL system underexpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Chan,

This is the "joy" :rolleyes: of letting the camera set your exposure.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    When I got the F5 my flash pictures are always underexpsoed. I sent the camera back to Nikon twice to have it calibrated but same problem. I had to do a 1 stop + compensation and this is very inconvienient because I have to remove the compensation when shoot without flash.
    I recently read a book about Nikon flash (forgot the tittle) and in most example the author had to use + compensation. On the everage about 2/3 stop. So I am confident that Nikon intentionally made the TTL system underexpose.
    I've got a F90X and an Sb-26 and, with TTL metering, I've got the same problem too, especially with b&w materials...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usse the F5 w/sb-26 combo a lot, too. I havent run into too many instances where I have consistant underexposure. An example of the TTL being fooled woudl be if you were trying to photograph a lare open reception hall. I wouldnt rely on TTL metering to get it right for me. The tables, chairs, floor and ceiling in tghe foreground would be closer to being exposed properly, if not over exposed, and the BG would be entirely underexposed by several stops depending on film and other variables.

As a rule of thumb I general overexpose my c41 to add density to the neg and prevent that under exposed haze you get with color neg; that may be whats compensating for the built-in underexposure you mentioned.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin