Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 949

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I made a rudimentary meter like this for my pinhole cameras, because I was tired of the sun going behind clouds and messing up my exposures. I describe it on my (very embryonic) website

http://chazmiller.com/projects/pinmeter.html
    f/22 and be there.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I made a rudimentary meter like this for my pinhole cameras, because I was tired of the sun going behind clouds and messing up my exposures. I describe it on my (very embryonic) website

http://chazmiller.com/projects/pinmeter.html
    Cool!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Lux and nits (candela/m^2) not lumen, but why don't you just record EVs? Most lightmeters measure in EVs.
    Shouldn't that be LV for light value? My understanding is that EV is exposure value and is a combination of shutter speed and aperture Whereas LV is an actual light value.

EV only being equal to LV at EI 100.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ray - your Minolta incident meter when equipped with a flat diffuser disk will make Lux readings. It reads in EV and then your meter manual should have a conversion table and the formula. My Flashmeter IV does this.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure this is what you are after, but i have used Gossen Profisix and Lunasix F meters to do something similar on days when clouds raced across the sky.
    Measured, zeroed the needle, locked the meter's on button, and watched the needle move to see when light levels were up to the measured value again and/or how much under or over the light at any moment was.
    Worked fine, though not very battery friendly.

Should work fine with any meter that has a "constant metering" mode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love google, it came up with the one I recalled as the first result, searching on: pinhole integrating light meter

http://www.ringsurf.com/tv/905252-in...er_driver.html

Lee

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Shouldn't that be LV for light value? My understanding is that EV is exposure value and is a combination of shutter speed and aperture Whereas LV is an actual light value.

EV only being equal to LV at EI 100.

Steve.
    Steve

Yes, EV for a given film speed is the better idea.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Love google, it came up with the one I recalled as the first result, searching on: pinhole integrating light meter

http://www.ringsurf.com/tv/905252-in...er_driver.html

Lee
    Lee;

Yes. Thanks. Actually I found the long discussion made during it's development and was reading through the years... unfortunately things seemed to die down around 2007, I am waiting on a response at the moment.

Kirk, Q.G.;

Yes, but as you may have guessed, that only tells me what the Light intensity WAS for an instant in the past. During the exposure we usually just cross our fingers (or, if we're printing and lucky, perhaps we have a voltage stablizer)

Kirk;
    Thanks for reminding me! I did find a conversion chart on the internet and that will help me if I find I can't find the manual any more.

Ray

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I'm not sure this is what you are after, but i have used Gossen Profisix and Lunasix F meters to do something similar on days when clouds raced across the sky.
    Measured, zeroed the needle, locked the meter's on button, and watched the needle move to see when light levels were up to the measured value again and/or how much under or over the light at any moment was.
    Worked fine, though not very battery friendly.

Should work fine with any meter that has a "constant metering" mode.
    Yup, but you need a system that will tell you the area under the graph that this output is plotting over time ...

An 'integrator'

Should note that as long as you use the same scheme to collect the light 'intensity' (or whatever) units are a bit redundant with an integrator once its set up.
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bettersense has linked his project above - pretty much exactly what I described earlier. Heaps of work done for you right there !
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin