Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,539   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Light has a tendency (grin) to drop off geometrically as the distance increases arithmetically. With color film, you don't have much laddytood, either.

When doing wedding tables, we always shot down from a small step ladder to minimize light fall off. Hard to do with rock crowds, tho.
    lol... thats what amplifiers and pa systems are for! but that's a good call, I've been trying to shoot more from climbing up on things lately, but with no way to see my negatives enlarged it's been hard to tell if its helping or not. I have a feeling that it helps the lighting but not the shot...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Try slow sync. If you're using a dedicated flash unit, you may have to override its settings.

Set the aperture for the recommended auto flash setting. Take a meter reading with your camera for the background without flash and that will tell you what shutter speed you need to get a normal exposure in the lighting you have, at the aperture required by the flash. Now practically, the sync speed is likely to be too low to stop camera motion, so your options are to use a higher speed and accept that the background will be dark, but not as dark as if you had used the X-sync speed, or you allow for some motion blur, which when used creatively can add some dynamism to the shot.
    hmmm... something for when I'm feeling experimental and sober....

i like your bloczki shot on flikr... that was actually the year my parents left the country with my brother and I. memories...
    Last edited by angrykitty; 05-28-2010 at 12:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin