Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,433   Online: 781

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Is this a good photograph?

I can't think of a better way to phrase the question. I took this is part of the test roll I shot to check out my Weston Master II meter. Ilford Delta 100 @ E.I. 80 1/60 f 8 w/K2 filter compensated for. I took this because of the range of values. The dog is black and the lighter areas are a cream color. No post other than size. It's not a print,negative scan from the lab. I'm not developing just yet. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sure, it's good. Do try to show the neg to an apugger in your area, she or he might be better able to see anything we cannot online. But it looks like you're off to a solid start.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    little dark, but it maybe my monitor

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think it's good. We have a GS also, and it is difficult to get any detail in his face because it is so dark. But, there you have it. I don't know your instructions to the lab, but I like this film at ISO50 because I have problems with contrast. Particularly with the shepherd! (the collie is not a problem.)

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beautiful dog. I find the seeds or whatever on the grass too distracting, so I probably wouldn't print it. I think you did a good job with the exposure and development.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exposure looks good to me, No over exposed highlights, no blocked up shadows & a good looking dog.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Great dog too.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks you all. The subject,composition and such were all unimportant. I was just shooting for exposure to check out the meter after a new cell/calibration from QLM. I'm very happy with it but wanted a few opinions on my use of it. Still learning how to use it and finding out the in camera meter is a bit off from optimal. The image has lost some detail from sizing.

A far as Dog goes (yep his name) that was a rare moment when he wasn't running about chasing anything that moves. He's still a puppy and a maniac. I was taking some photos of the poppies and looked up to see him laying down and had to shoot quick. 5 seconds after this was taken he was running around the yard chasing the Silver Maple seeds the wind was blowing around.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like it a lot. I think the dog's owner would be very happy with a print of this.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it is a nice pic...on a Macintosh screen, anyhow. It might not be so nice on my PC.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin