Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,878   Online: 1089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's a particular favourite, I was quite lucky with this, but timing is often crucial.

FM2 + 16mm fisheye.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you so much everyone! I'm really itching to get out there now

Shooter
    35mm
    One other tip, in skateboarding there are two 'stances': goofy - right foot forward, and regular - left foot forward. Take note what stance your subject is as you want to make sure his face and not his ass is the focus of the photo!
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    @perkeleellinen

Nice shot! A true decisive moment.

One of my fav's of mine, even if it's only a wallplant...

Shooter
    35mm
    That's a great shot - the shadow is excellent.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like anything, it is all about composition and light. You can shoot any subject and make it look good if you pay attention to these basic things.

If you want to freeze action with that lens, I would use '1000 or faster, though IME '500 does just fine for skateboarding pix with a 50mm. Choose a film that will allow these shutter speeds in the light that you have the day of the shoot. You can do it with a medium speed film in strong light, but I would also have some fast film on hand.

With panning, you just have to experiment a few times to find which shutter speeds work best for you. I'd start with '60 and try various speeds on either side of it to see what you get.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's one of mine, this one is digital indeed, but I think that i got the effect and the moment i wanted:

http://bighugelabs.com/onblack.php?i...396&size=large
    "It's not about the pictures, concepts, people, human bodies, emotions, experimentations, colours, dreams, tricky scenes, camera or imaginations.. it's about the poetry behind them all."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    one of the best I've seen, this guy mixes old skool views
    with modern technique. He uses wides and flash *really* well
    both night and day to isolate the rider:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hairy_r...skateboarding/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was a skateboarder as a kid in the 60's, before the advent of modern wheels. Frequent wipeouts were a certainty, and most of today's tricks were impossible.
    I get a real kick out of seeing kids in other parts of the world looking the same, using the same terms and doing the same things as the kids around here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin