Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,903   Online: 923

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

newAPUGuser several general questions

Hello,

My name is Mikel, 27 year old art photography student at University,

had a couple of technical questions and was hoping i could score a little insight on the forum here:

1. does anybody know where a guy could dig up wider angle (wider than normal 50mm) lens for a RICOH XR-2s 35mm SLR? right now there is a smc pentax - m 1:17 50mm and I am looking for something wide for surf photography - camera housing has to be built with the lens on the camera that i would use the most and a wider angle is what i am after.

2. i have a color head (saunders lpl 67OO) THAT i have been using about a year - the other day she shut down, i think, not sure, that i left the enlarger on overnight, anyway, i replaced the bulb with a freshy and it still gets no power, used multiple plug in outlets and timers, still no luck, where can i take it in the metro seattle/vancouver area to have it looked at and more importantly is it financially astute to do so? should i just get another one? i paid 250 for the machine and really came to love it.

peas and tanks.

mikel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello.

I also have an LPL 6700 enlarger. It is probably worth getting an electrician to look at it rather than buy another one as the circuit is very simple. Despite being in the UK where our supply voltage is 230v, my enlarger is a 110v version which I assume yours is too.

The bulb is rated at 82 volts and is connected to the 110 volt supply in series with a diode which provides half wave rectification - effectively dropping the supply to the bulb down to 82 volts.

Given this information, any competent electrician should be able to work out what is wrong with it.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

DLM
    Shooter
    35mm
    As for the lens question, are you really stuck on using that camera? The reason I ask is because you could just buy a Nikonos for probably much less than you could get another lens and have a housing built. I got a Nikonos V a few months back with the 35mm lens and it's a very solid camera and feels good when using it in the water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As for lens could you look up KEH or B&H?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mikel, I also have a Ricoh XR-2s, it will use any of the old Pentax K-mount manual focus lenses. I am sure you could find an Asahi 35mm or 28mm fairly easy.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Um, checked the fuse ??
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Mikel!

Welcome to APUG!

We are here to help each other and sometimes have lively debates as well!
    Bill Clark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin