Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,572   Online: 782

Thread: exposure

Shooter
    35mm

exposure

i like take a picture on the beach, but my result is not goood. what correct shutter speed and exposure i must use to get great picture. i am using Nikon FM10 with 35-70mm zoom . thank. ( sorry for my english , is bad )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The beach is usually bright light and light colored sand that will fool your camera into underexposing the film. Set your exposure compensation if the camera has it to +1 or +2 and try some shots. If the camera has no compensation dial then set your ASA dial to half the rated film speed to get more exposure. Try a few and see if it works the way you want it to, if the negatives are still too underexposed set the ASA dial lower.

Do this for those high key shots (a lot of light tones) and set it back to normal for pictures with a full range of tones so you don't have errors the other way.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    35mm
    my problem is the obyek is to dark than the background. what filter i must use to get the picture. thank glbeas

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am unsure what an obyek is. However, irregardless, what I am understanding is that you have print shadow regions which are not showing detail when the background is properly exposed and printed.

Gary's recommendations will address the under-exposure problems that you experience. Beyond that, if you have inherently high contrast in the scene then the film would normally be pulled (over-exposed and under-developed). You would probably be best served in discussing this high contrast processing with your lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dinidian,

Like Donald said, if the object on the beach is too dark, that is because your camera is seeing all the very bright sand around it and choosing an exposure (how much light to let in) for the sand, and not for your object. This is an exposure problem and not a filter problem. You want the camera to let in enough light for the object, not the sand, so go closer to the object and let the camera measure the light coming from it first. That will tell you what exposure to use when you move back away from the object. The sand might then be quite bright on the print, but the object should not be too dark any more.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dinidian_samsul
    i like take a picture on the beach, but my result is not goood. what correct shutter speed and exposure i must use to get great picture. i am using Nikon FM10 with 35-70mm zoom . thank. ( sorry for my english , is bad )
    Take a meter reading and then give 3 stops more exposure. Either open the aperature 3 stops or slow your shutter speed by 3 stops (or a combination of the two).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin