Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,583   Online: 1040

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    I'm currently shooting a roll of tungsten film with a yellow filter. I'm thinking it will result in normal-ish looking colors, perhaps a bit warm. I saw evidence on flickr suggesting that this might actually result in pleasing photographs.... but we'll see.
    Tungsten film makes things very blue-cyan when shot in daylight...which is why they look normal when shot in tungsten light.

The standard filter to "normalize" tungsten film for daylight is an 85 filter, which is pretty much orange.

So, the yellow filter will likely take some of the blue away, but some blue, and plenty of green from the cyan will likely remain.

If you want "normal" (meaning like a daylight-balanced film) results from tungsten films shot outdoors, the Wratten #85 is your filter.

As for the OP: Please take a long, hard think about your question and I am sure you will come up with the answer. (Hint: It is extremely obvious. )
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    So, if wanting a pre-view, get come colured cellophane and look through it: what you see is what you'll get.
    In this instance, the OP would need to put first an 80A filter, then a yellow filter on top of that on his lens to have a bit of a preview.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use a yellow filter with colour film you get a very jaundiced view of The World
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought Kosh himself would know the answer!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The yellow filter will help counter balance the pesky blue coating on flash bulbs.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wackyvorlon View Post
    I was wondering what effect a #8 yellow filter would have with colour film?

I asume its an slr?

If so, look through the viewfinder: what you see is what you'll get. Not too pretty, unless your subject is a sunset.

(Otherwise, just look through the filter itself.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin