Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,690   Online: 960

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    IIRC, York and Clark are two names used by a single company -- District Photo, IIRC. They aren't known for quality, but they do have low prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    York and Clark in my experience have had very clean film processing but the printing is on and off. Some rolls are better than others with the prints. If something is extremely un critical, I will sometimes send to them.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The York processing service is great, the printing is not of the finest quality.
    But they also offer a Photo CD Service, or can upload pictures to the website.
    A reasonable service for those not so special photographic moments.
    Unfortunately, I can be a bit too critical at times, send them a roll see how you like.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder what they are using for equipment....

Shooter
    35mm
    What about processing and getting a contact print done?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well...If you use Clark/York..they are the Same company, you might as well just get the set of 4x6 prints which is only like $3. That's better than a contact print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used Blacks for a time but they are so bad, it nearly drove me to digital. I thought I had finally lost my eye and touch. I've not found a place as of yet that is reasonable value and quality in town (Toronto). I do not mind paying a bit more BUT I want a good result.

Blacks loves to push the fault on the photographer for poor QC and processing. Last time I used them I brought in 4 rolls all shot with my Leica. All the same film from the same brick. One set of negatives came back with every negative 1.2 black and they told me the camera had a severe light leak. I opened the other 3 packs and none had a similar issue and the ruined roll was #2 of the 4 so the 1st, 3rd and 4th roll were fine. I told the kid, the manager, that it defintely was the store's fault as and why my conclusion. He finally offered a replacement roll but, I told him it was not sufficient so we settled on a 4pack.

Thankfully the roll was not critical for anything or the subject matter could not be reshot. The otehr 3 rolls had scratches, were totally flat and the prints looked like they came from a negative shot with a plastic lens kiddie camera rather than a Leica.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin