Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,331   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    I have an old 200B I'd be happy to donate to your cause. Have not used it in 3 years so the batterries may or may not still hold a charge. It does have a good charger and I know of a source locally here in So Cal that still sells the batteries if this one does not work.
    Thomassauerwein,

Whats a "200B"?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A Norman 200B portable barebulb/reflector flash system. I used to have one (sold the 200B pack, but I still use a 200C), and I've seen Tom's and it's a good unit and a generous offer, even if you need to replace the battery. It puts out a lot of light and is a flexible system in that you can use different reflectors and diffusors with, like a studio lighting system. For info go to www.photo-control.com and navigate to "Norman."
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Take tom up on his offer.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomassauerwein
    I have an old 200B I'd be happy to donate to your cause. Have not used it in 3 years so the batterries may or may not still hold a charge. It does have a good charger and I know of a source locally here in So Cal that still sells the batteries if this one does not work.
    WOW! This is an old thread revived! Thank You! I am in an extremely rural area with no camera shops or repair facilities. I would not mind trying to use this 200B at the urge of others here. I must admit ignorance on this matter in that I do not really quite understand how it will work. But, I feel sure in time I could sort it out. If not I could at least find a new home for it. I have a few friends visiting this Autumn for a Photo Work Shop/getaway of sorts. Perhaps they will be able to assist me with using this as a flash for my beloved speed graphic.

Thanks again for your assistance and for breathing new life into an old thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin