Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 856

Shooter
    35mm

Question regarding 120 slide film.

This is probably a dumb question, but: when you get 120 size slide film developed, does it come in slide mounts?

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mine come sleeved. No lab I've ever used offered them any other way. Gepe probably(?)still makes 6x6 and 6x7 mounts.

Images
    Good Morning, Wachyvorlon,

Most professional labs will return the film in a strip from which the user can separate individual frames as desired. Some labs will put 6 x 6 transparencies in cardboard mounts, usually at an extra charge. Years ago, Kodak would routinely return 6 x 6 images in that manner. A lot of 120, of course is in other formats; in the larger ones (6 x 7, 6 x 9, 6 x 12, etc.) mounting is atypical, although it might be possible to find a lab which will do it. Mounting such images is usually pointless: a few people may have 6 x 7 projectors, but who has one for anything larger?

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At one time they might have, but mostly don't anymore. Wish they did though!

Jeff

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    You can get it back un-cut in a sleeve, or cut to fit in a page sleeve.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 07-28-2010 at 10:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not sure what is out there today but I used to buy 645 mounts with the dimensions of a 6x6 slide and mount each after cutting them. I'd love projecting both 645 and 6x6 b&w slides developed from Tech Pan. Absolutely amazing whether developed for continious tone or high contrast. I just found a bag of Tech Pan in the freezer and been thinking ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got an ancient projector for medium format with wooden slide holders. It might work but I'm afraid to plug it in.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not anymore. You have to mount it yourself. The issue is that there are 645, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 6x12 and any number of sizes, not to mention the fact that there's little demand for mounts.

I have a projector. It's pretty cool. I've used it once or twice. The results were pretty awesome.
    --Nicholas Andre

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin